Friday, August 5, 2011

Writing

We don't have a formal writing program at my school. Our kids must be writing but how we do it is really up to the teacher. I'm rethinking some parts of my program. I will continue to focus on the Writing Traits and used Amanda Nickerson's Writing Target sign on my display this year. She does the best work! Be sure to check her stuff out on TPT!!




The trait signs I made using some of the the student assessment ideas in the back of the 6+Writing Traits Book. I will focus on those key targets with my third graders and plan on doing more with having them assess their own writing.



We'll use the big board for displaying student writing. We're the wildcats, hence the "Writing We Can Roar About" title.

I reread these two books this summer and probably could go through them once again! There is so much good information there.




One change I'm considering is going to a three ring binder for my writing notebook. I like being able to collect their drafts to send to the publisher or to take home so loose leaf paper would really be more convenient. Those composition books were a pain to drag home when I wanted to check on their writing progress.

Please comment on what you use...spirals, composition books, folders??? I would love to hear!






0 comments:

Post a Comment