Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sunday's Words for the Week




 This is funny, but the real truth is that I cried a river today.  
My son left for his freshman year of college this afternoon. 

I am still in disbelief. Where have the years gone? 
How is it possible that we have already gone from this....



To this....

to this????


It doesn't seem possible. 
I am so excited for him and this next adventure.  What has come as a surprise to me is just how much it hurts my heart to see him go. I will miss seeing, talking and laughing with him every day.
 I know I will adjust and this ache will subside...right?  
Words of advice?  Missing him tonight.

Here are my Sunday's Words: 

Lord, please surround my kids with friends and adults who point them toward You, and in ways that complement my own deficits in parenting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment